With their powerful components, colorful designs and premium prices, gaming laptops are different compared to mainstream notebooks. And they need to have high-end specs if you want to play demanding games like Grand Theft Auto V. Design-wise, they should also be unique and able to enhance your gaming experience. Aside from that, here are some things to keep in mind to find the right gaming laptop.
- Avoid buying a gaming laptop if you will only be using it for playing World of Warcraft or Candy Crush. These low-end titles can easily be supported by an integrated graphics card.
- Do not buy touchscreens as most of them are on the pricey side and have a poor battery life.
- Many 17 or 18-inch laptops are powerful, while the least portable ones like 13-
inchersare easier to bring but often lack high-end parts.
- Make sure you purchase a unit that is comfortable. If you can make a visit to the store, then that would be better as you can try out the keyboard first before you buy.
- Get a gaming laptop with a top-of-the-range processor. If you are in the market for one, check out ASUS ROG gaming laptops which have fast and powerful GPUs.
- Do not pick a gaming laptop with a low -resolution display like 1920x1080.
- It’s best to purchase a solid state storage so you can install games faster and shorten the load times.
- At least get a gaming laptop with an Intel Core i7 like those from ASUS Philippines. This will allow you to enjoy high-end and graphics-intensive games.
Different Levels of Portability
When it comes to gaming laptops in the Philippines, there are three levels of portability. Basically, the rule of thumb here is that the less powerful the laptop, the more portable it is.
Impressive portability (13-14 inches)
If you’re always on the go, you might want to consider 13 or 14-inch laptops like the ASUS ROG G46VW. Gaming netbooks in this range normally weigh under 5 pounds and have a great battery life of around 7 hours. As mentioned, these laptops are not integrated with top-of-the-range GPUs or CPUs, as they don’t have the best components to dissipate all the heat.
Average Portability (15 inches)
If you’re in the market for a laptop that you can carry around more often, then a 15-
Minimal Portability (17-18 inches)
If you are the type of person that often keeps a laptop at home and leaves it on the desk, then a 17-18 inch one will suit your needs. Gaming laptops in this range are powerful with enough room for heat-generating components. As expected, they are bulky and heavy to carry. Not to mention, they are power-hungry devices if you use them unplugged for hours.