From professional microphones, sound mixers, phonograph cartridges, casual use headphones, and professional use headphones, Audio-Technica Philippines has been one of best in the audio industry. The Japanese born company has had quite an extensive history with audio equipment and personal audio, with this history they have been able to make products that are very well acclaimed such as their legendary ATH-M50 headphones.
Top Audio Technica Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Audio-Technica AT2020||₱ 855.00||Galleon|
|Audio-Technica AT2035||₱ 600.00||Lazada|
|Audio-Technica ATH-M30X||₱ 3,345.42||Amazon|
|Audio-Technica ATH-M50X||₱ 11,000.00||LazMall by Lazada|
|Audio-Technica BPHS1||₱ 15,615.00||Galleon|
|Audio-Technica ATH-M50X White||₱ 14,488.00||Galleon|
|Audio-Technica ATH-WS1100iS||₱ 6,496.41||Amazon|
|Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7||₱ 419.00||Taobao|
|Audio-Technica Pro 70||₱ 6,739.32||Amazon|
|Audio-Technica Pro 45||₱ 4,799.95||Amazon|
Audio-Technica Philippines - Putting Japanese perfection into sound.
- Land of the rising sound, Audio-Technica Philippines
- Interesting Facts
- Audio-Technica Products
- Different types of headphones and earphones
1962 saw the rise of Audio-Technica, a Japanese professional audio equipment manufacturer, marketer, and distributor. Audio-Technica was founded by Hideo Matsushita; the company initially began as a phonograph cartridge manufacturer - the needle head of a phonograph (those big vinyl players or turntable). Their first products were the state-of-the-art AT-1 and AT-3 MM stereo phono cartridges; these sold out quickly and their business expanded as fast.
Soon Audio-Technica began to further develop other high-end professional audio equipment as the time went on. They now manufacture a variety of audio equipment such as professional wireless microphones, headphones, mixers, wireless systems, and phonographic cartridges among others. Throughout the years of development and experience with producing all the high-performing equipment, Audio-Technica Philippines has garnered enough skill and history with the art of sound. This has given them the upper hand and the knowledge to produce audio-equipment that are high quality, durable, and feature great price to performance ratios.
Audio-Technica has come a long way with many notable facts under their wing, including several awards and several firsts.
- Audio-Technica received an award in 1965 from Agency of Industrial Science and Technology for AT-1001 tone arm.
- Started shipping phono cartridges worldwide and launched the first microcassette recorders in 1969.
- The AT-700 - Audio-Technica's first headphones, launched in 1974.
- AT4033 Audio-Technica condenser microphone is chosen as the best microphone of 1991 at the Audio Engineering Society convention in 1992.
- One of the earliest manufacturers of stage-use headset microphones in 1990.
- Audio-Technica has also been the sole supplier of microphones of the past 10 years for the Grammy Awards.
- Provided audio equipment for TV shows as well as the Olympic games in the past years.
Those who know about Audio-Technica Philippines will always have a common product that will come to mind: headphones and earphones. Although the company produces a lot of many other audio equipment such as microphones and phonograph, they are best known for their consumer focused products which are their headphones and earphones.
Before explaining to you the various types of headphones Audio-Technica Philippines has however (including their ever famous AT-M50 headphones), we'll take this time to go over some types of headphones and earphones to ensure you get the right model.
- Earphones or earbuds: You will most likely have a bunch of these hanging around (hopefully not all on your ears at once) as they are usually supplied as a freebie with your phone. They are very inexpensive most of the time and are very compact as they are just literally two buds with cables attached to them. The downside are that they usually cannot provide a very good sound experience. However if you prefer to be able to still hear your surroundings, then these are good for you for they do not really provide proper sound isolation from ambient sounds.
- In-ear earphones: These are earphones that are of a slight upgrade over the more common earbuds. These earphones have eartips that are slightly longer which reaches into your ear canal. They provide a very good seal in your ears and usually provide better sound - the more expensive ones provide very amazing sound quality. They can be very affordable, but the better ones usually cost a lot more.
- In-Ear Monitors (IEMs): These are professional grade in-ear earphones that are most commonly used by musicians, audiophiles, and audio technicians and engineers. These - like its name - are monitors for these people to listen to a sound mix or recording at its true recorded form. For performers on stage (we are sure you've seen your favourite singers on stage wearing some sort of earphone while they are performing), these IEMs are used to help the singers listen to a mix of their own voice with the music that is playing - sometimes even some crowd noise is piped into the monitors for the performers to gauge how loud they are in comparison to the crowd. Most IEMs are also custom made to fit an individual's ear canal to provide a perfect fit. IEMs usually are very expensive, reaching into thousands for a custom made one.
- Headphones: There are actually a few different types of headphones - and they are usually made in a combination with each other. Headphones are generally large and sit on a band that is placed on the top of your head.
- Circum-aural headphones cover and surround your ears.
- Supra-aural headphones sit on top of your ears.
- Closed-back headphones are headphones which has sealed in drivers and have proper sound isolation.
- Open-back headphones are similar to closed-back headphones, but they are usually open at the back of the drivers, letting ambient sound into your hearing as well as letting sound from your headphones out.
Headphones have much larger drivers compared to the common earphones that we use. Most of them are generally very comfortable as well, as they usually have sufficient padding on the headband on top as well as on the ear cups themselves. Open-back headphones provide a more natural sounding sound experience most of the time, but they are not ideal if you intend to use them when there are other people around as they will be able to hear it too. Close-back headphones are more ideal as they provide up to a certain extent of sound isolation for you and your surroundings. It should be noted that certain more powerful headphones will require more power than that which is provided by our computer or mobile devices; these usually require an additional headphone amplifier to provide the best sound quality.