About Ripped Philippines
No matter if you call it the ripped jeans or a pair of distressed denim, there is just something about the laid back vibe and unique texture this jeans possesses that make you want to wear the trend every other day. From the sleek white jeans with just a mini rip to a totally destroyed boyfriend jeans, the option of distressing them are endless.
- Ripped Jeans - Once you get ripped, you never go back
- Ripped Jeans – Holes for your “hole-ier” soul
- Ripped Jeans – Your new wardrobe staple
Let get down to how this trend started. Once upon a time in a faraway land, some great unsung style hero realized that just because his favourite pair developed a hole in the knee or a few scrapes on the thigh, there is just no law out there that requires him to throw them in the trash. In fact, he figured out that his old beaten-up denim looked pretty badass actually. The rest is of course history.
Ever since then, everyone has turned to ripped jeans in an effort channel their favourite punk rockers, grunge superstars and rap-stars. They are not something new, as this ripped trend has fallen in and out of the fashion circle ever since the 1980’s and this time, being more popular than ever, this trend is here to stay.
Believe it or not, ripped jeans are one of the easiest wardrobe must-haves to screw up, whether they’re artfully draped on a rack in some designer store or made DIY style. Which is why this guideline is here for you if you are look to tear things up in the denim world.
Here are some of the different kind of blemishes you might see in your favourite pair.
- Holes – Places in the jeans where there is a visible window for lots of air to pass thru through the fabric.
- Rule 1 – the holes should never be wider than the leg of the jeans and looks best when they are made horizontally across the leg.
- Rule 2 – holes should never be more than an inch high when you are standing up. When you sit down, they should naturally expose more of your knee.
- Shreds - Places where the fabric has been torn, but threads remain, covering up the hole.
- Scrapes – Small abrasions or scratches on the surface of the fabric, usually between a dime and a quarter in size.
Injecting an element of street wear edge into your casual day wear, here are some ways you can incorporate your favourite ripped jeans with the rest of your wardrobe.
For the Gents
- Look 1 – Pairing it with a simple t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers or desert boots for the ultimate casual look.
- Look 2 – A button down shirt, a utility jacket, leather boots and not forgetting your ripped jeans for the perfect vintage work wear look. Keep the colour in the natural shade, brown, nude or grey.
- Look 3 – For a more smart casual look, all you need is a crisp Oxford shirt and a pair of footwear, something like the loafers or a brogue should do the trick.
For the Ladies
- Look 1 – A graphic tee, a snapback, a bomber jacket and a perfect skinny is enough for your casual day out.
- Look 2 – Pairing it with a linen blouse, a classic trench coat and a pair of sling-back heels is the perfect smart casual work attire.
No matter what you plan to pair your jeans with, the choices are endless. But first, make sure to get your perfect pair of ripped jeans from iprice.