About Halter Philippines
Halter tops are sleeveless garments which features a single strap that goes all around the back of the neck, leaving the upper back uncovered. Halter tops are constantly in and out of the fashion scene since the 60s, the 90s, all the way to the 2010s. Celebrities like Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Vanessa Hudgens, and Blake Lively have made the trend ever so popular today.
Halter tops have evolved from a simple yet innovative form of clothing to a whole new set of styles and designs. There are two main types of halter neck tops: (1) one piece front, and (2) multiple-piece front.
- One piece front
- As the name suggests, a one piece halter neck is made up of high-round neckline which is secured at the back of the neck, providing coverage around the cleavage while still exposing the back.
- Multiple piece front
- A multiple piece front halter top is a type of halter top which instead of a single strap around the neck, two strips of fabric are tied together at the back, forming a v-neck like piece at the front. . This style was first popularized by Marilyn Monroe and Jean Harlow.
Rocking halter tops can be a little bit tricky because it can make you look like you went back in time to the late 90s and early 2000’s and asked them for fashion advice. With the right accessories and confidence you can rock your halter tops like Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner; simply follow these tips:
- If you have small shoulders then a halter top would do wonders to widen them. For girls with wide shoulders then a halter top would not be flattering for you.
- In contrast to fashion from 10 years ago, halter tops today are mostly in the form of a crop revealing not only your back but also your midriff. Accentuate this with a cute high-waist maxi skirt or a pair of shorts.
- If you want to keep it street with a halter top, you can wear one with a pair of cropped ripped jeans and some sneakers.
- Outerwear is also great with halter tops. An over-sized, large-thread cardigan or a kimono would make you look chic and cool.
- Accessorizing an halter top can be a little bit tricky. Skip the necklaces and instead go for subtle earrings and cuffs. You can also wear a hat or any headgear with a halter top.
Halter tops are sexy and feminine garments with tons of different styles and can take form of crop tops, dresses, and blouses. Browse from our selection of crop tops online here or browse different brands such as Michael Kors, Zalora, ASOS and so much more!