The hourglass body is the modern ideal body type but to achieve it is no easy feat. For those who don’t have the natural curves, they rely on the help of corsets which can give them the desired hourglass figure either temporarily or semi-permanently. Many people, like burlesque star Dita von Teese, go through corset-training to make the effects of the corset more permanently.
What’s a Corset?
A corset refers to a garment worn underneath your daily clothes that
Corsets can also be worn as a part of a woman’s lingerie. They are either attached to the bra or have a padding around the bust area to support the breasts. Women would also use garter belts,
History of the Corset
Corsets have been worn by women throughout the world dating back to as early as 1600 BC but it rose to prominence in the 16th and 17th centuries in Europe. Back then, the corset cinches the
Nowadays, corsets are still worn to make the waist appear smaller but thanks to people like Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner, they are also worn to emphasize the derriere. A modern
The Do’s and Don’ts
If you’re ready to transform your figure with the help of corsets, keep these pointers in mind. Wearing a corset can easily constrict the flow of air in your body, causing shortness of breath, dizziness, and even asphyxiation.
- Do start fastening your corset with the outermost zipper and work your way inward as your waist decreases in width.
- Don’t wear your corsets for more than 6 hours a day.
- Do stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Don’t continue wearing the corset if you experience any extreme discomfort.
- Do workout your core muscles so you can maximize the results of the corset-training
- Don’t sleep in your corsets.
- Do measure your waist periodically to track your progress.
- Don’t go overboard as it can do more harm than good to your organs, ribcages, and lungs.