Sometimes, it’s difficult for new moms to produce a sufficient amount of breast milk. They tend to move on to store-bought formulas that contain so many chemicals we can’t pronounce. Even if it’s hard for you to produce breast milk, you should still try as there are bountiful of benefits of breastfeeding your child. To learn more, read the article by clicking here.
Top Breastfeeding Supplies Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Spectra S1 Plus Electric Breast Pump||₱ 9,000.00||Shopee|
|Medela Swing Single Electric Breast Pump||₱ 9,500.00||Lazada|
|Spectra S2 Plus Electric Breast Pump||₱ 6,500.00||Shopee|
|NUK Luna Electric Breast Pump||₱ 5,000.00||Shopee|
|Spectra 9 Plus Rechargeable Electric Breast Pump||₱ 5,500.00||Shopee|
|NUK Jolie Manual Breast Pump||₱ 2,232.33||kids-room|
|Spectra Handy Manual Breast Pump||₱ 1,380.00||Lazada|
|Spectra M1 Portable Double Electric Breast Pump||₱ 11,529.00||Lazada|
|Dula Silicone Pump with Suction base and Dust cover||₱ 210.00||Lazada|
|COD Double Electric Breast Pump||₱ 599.00||Lazada|
What you feed your newborn child in their first couple of years is very crucial as this is when most of the physical (and mental) developments take place. Not only that breast milk is natural, it is also more beneficial in so many ways than store-bought formula.
Stronger and healthier baby
Breast milk contains the necessary nutrition and vitamins needed for your babies to grow properly. It also contains many antibodies to fight unwanted viruses and bacteria that your fragile baby might be exposed to. It promotes the growth of strong bones, strengthens the immune system, prevent gastrointestinal infections like diarrhea and other kinds of infections, and reduce the risk of your child getting diabetes, Crohn’s disease, and celiac disease. Because of this, breast milk can help vaccines react better compared to formula-fed babies.
Cheaper than store-bought formula
Since you would only need to invest in a high-quality breast pump, several feeding bottles, and a sterilizer, you won’t need to spend as much grocery money for your baby’s milk. Store-bought formulas have the tendency to be ridiculously expensive and you can spend from RM150 to RM400 per month. Imagine how much you’d be spending in a year for store-bough baby formulas alone. As long as you are capable of producing breast milk on the daily, the monthly cost for your child’s formula won’t even touch RM50 per month.
Lesser chance of getting cancer
When you breastfeed your child, whether directly from your breast or with the help of a breast pump, you’re decreasing your chance of contracting breast cancer. Not only you’re reducing the risk of cancer yourself you’re also doing so for your baby. Through breastfeeding, you’re decreasing the chance of them getting any types of childhood cancers.
Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production
Not sure how to increase breast milk production? Follow the easy and simple steps below.
- Nurse frequently throughout the day and in the night when your child is awake.
- Switch feed your baby by alternating between breasts. Always offer both breasts at each feeding session and observe your child’s feeding pattern.
- Try different positions when breastfeeding your baby. There’s the cradle, football, and side-lying positions.
- Consider using breast compression that can stimulate and continue milk flow.
- Drink plenty of water as dehydration can lead to low supply of breast milk.
- Eat oatmeal, nuts, carrots, ginger, fennel, and other foods that can increase milk supply.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep well because moms should always take care of themselves too. Contact your doctor or a lactation consultant if the problem persists.