Bedazzle your ears with earrings
Considered as one of the oldest body modification jewellery, earrings has been used as artistic and cultural representations since the early ages of history. While earrings are now more commonly worn by women, evidence shows that in fact, men were the first to wear them some 7000 years ago. They became a more common during the 1590s among couriers and gentlemen during the English Renaissance. Gold, stones and pearls were some of the materials worn to show their courage. Sailors wore gold earrings to symbolize that they have crossed the equator. They were also worn to serve as payment so that they could get a proper burial should they drown and their body washes to shore. Earrings were also common in many cultures and tribes.
By the 1970s, earrings became popular among women as well, making it a norm for ear piercing. It is common now for women to wear earrings on each ear while men usually have earrings on one ear. Multiple piercing on each earlobe also emerged as a trend leading to piercing on other parts of the ear.
Different types of ear piercing
There are now many types of earrings catering to the vast fashion styles as well as different ear piercing areas. This includes the tragus, antitragus, rook, industrial, helix and earlobe piercing to name a few.
- Tragus piercing: This piercing on the tragus projects directly in front of the ear canal. The piercing is usually done with a thin needle, hence has a small diameter. Small barbells, captive bead rings and studs are some of the types of earrings worn on the tragus piercing.
- Antitragus piercing: A perforation on the outer cartilage opposite the ear canal, antitragus piercing are similar to tragus piercing, also using small barbells, captive bead rings and studs as jewellery.
- Rook piercing: A rook piercing is a piercing done on the antihelix of the ear. This piercing located above the tragus is usually adorned with barbells or captive bead rings.
- Industrial piercing: Industrial piercing consists of two holes on the upper ear cartilage. One close to the head and one on the opposite end. They are usually connected with a straight long barbell.
- Helix piercing: Located on the upper ear helix cartilage, a helix piercing is probably the second most popular ear piercing after the lobe. A simple stud, captive bead ring or a small plain hoop ring would look best on this piercing.
- Earlobe piercing: The most common area for piercing, the earlobe can fit up to 3 earrings. The earlobe piercing is the most widely accepted piercing, becoming a norm for girls as well as boys to have them. While ladies usually wear studs, hoops and dangling earrings on the lobe, men mainly stick with plain studs or small hoops.
How to care for your newly pierced ears
Earrings can do wonders. They can help give round faces a more elongated look, highlight facial features and also be used to complement your fashionable look. If you have just gotten your ears pierced or are thinking of doing so, here are some tips on how to care for them:
- Do not remove your starter earrings until your ear is completely healed.
- Do not touch your ears too much as it may cause irritation and possible infection. Also, try not to let anything touch your ears. This includes substances such as shampoo. If possible, sleep on your back too.
- Before cleaning your ear, thoroughly wash your hand with antibacterial soap.
- Dip a cotton bud or cotton ball in the cleaning solution usually provided by the professional that pierced your ear.
- Gently swab the front and back of the piercing and slowly rotate the earring 2 to 3 times.
- Remember to use a new cotton bud or cotton ball for different ears each time.
- It is recommended to clean your new piercing 3 times a day.
- Should you feel that there are any signs of infections, see a doctor.
- If you have sensitive ears, it is recommended for you to stick to platinum or gold earrings.
Buy the right kind of earrings
Earrings are a great gift to spoil yourself but even better when you are giving it to a loved one. When buying a pair of earrings for someone special, you would want to make sure it is meaningful. Consider their birthstone or a design that best suits their style. A safe bet would be to go with studs. Classy and versatile, studs go with any outfit. Pearl or diamond earrings are always a crowd pleaser as they never fail to exude brilliance. Here are some of the most popular types of earrings available:
Stud earrings: This type of earring gives the illusion of something floating on the ear without a visible end. They are held in place with a clasp.
Hoop earrings: Round or semi round in shape, hoop earrings are similar to rings. They come in many sizes and are usually made of a metal material.
Dangling earrings: Mainly worn by women, dangling earrings are beautiful ornaments for the ear. As its name suggests, they dangle down from the lobe and come in various sizes, material and designs.
Change up your style every day with a wide collection of earrings at iprice Philippines
There is a pair of earrings for every occasion. Highlight your features and complete your look with the variety of earrings available online at iprice. Simply browse through the plethora of earring designs with prices ranging from as low as RM16.00 up to RM20,700.00. Just click on your desired pair and you will then be directed to the trusted website. All you have to do is key in your payment details and in no time, your earrings will be waiting for you at your doorsteps. It is as easy and efficient as that! So start shopping with iprice now to enjoy the best offers and discounts on earrings and more!