About Konami Philippines
From its humble beginnings to being a full-fledged entertainment company, Konami now boasts many different gaming products such as video games, trading cards, arcade games and more. Associated with legendary gaming titles such as Contra, Metal Gear, Gradius, Suikoden, Silent Hill, Castlevania, BeatMania, Dance Dance Revolution and others, Konami is widely recognized video game company that contributes a lot to the world of video games. At the same time, Konami continues its efforts in making awesome games that capture your attention as well as pushing the boundaries of creativity. With a host of exceptional games that evoke the common themes of action and adventure, Konami is the undisputed king of innovations when it comes to introducing innovative and immersive gaming environment.
- About Konami - Born From Fun
- Building The Future & Keeping The Past Alive
- Top Konami Products That Bring Real Satisfaction
- All About Fun & Games
Founded as early as 1969, Konami was initially a jukebox rental and repair business that was based in Toyonaka, OSaka, Japan. It was founded by Kagemasa Kōzuki who is still the chairman of Konami to this day. In just four years, Kagemasa Kozuki has made the pivotal decision by switching its focus to manufacturing arcade machines. However, Konami was only able to launch its first actual game machine in 1978. In fact, Konami only began to export its products to United States in the following year. Beginning in the year 1981, Konami started to have a taste of its sweet success as its own famous Froggler, Super Cobra and Scramble sold well. These products were products that were licensed to other companies such as Konami for stateside release.
In March 1981, Konami finally got his own logo as it sought to strengthen its image and presence in both domestic and abroad. Believing that PC games would be the next big thing, Konami started to manufacture and market PC games in 1982. The year 1983 saw Konami quickly grew into one of the most established game developers in the next seven years as it was committed in producing both MSX and MSX2 games. Interestingly, the famous Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake were originally released on MSX2. Not only that, Konami also sold Famicom games such as Contra, Castlevania, Contra and of course, the notable Metal Gear as well. During this period, Konami continued to make big waves in the gaming world when it relentlessly released tons of gaming titles that were well-received by many around the world. Throughout the decades, Konami has been credited with many groundbreaking gaming titles that raise the bar of imemrsive gaming experience.
Conceived with more than just an idea, Konami always prefers in emphasizing gaming experience. No matter how good a game is, it is still not well-polished enough if it lacks this important element which is immersive gameplay. Ultimately, any state of the art gaming technology is only as good as the emotions that it evokes. These emotions include joy, satisfaction, thrill, escapism, enthusiasm, grim and grit. The ability of Konami games in being able to capture these emotions and transform them into emotional roller coaster since you will be experiencing all of them as you are playing. After all, Konami is truly amazing when it is able to transform virtual objects into reality. Like its tagline, "Conceived By Imagination. Born From Fun.", Konami is all about creating the most imaginative game that promises fun.
- Metal Gear Series
- As the most iconic Konami of all time, the Metal Gear series completely changes the shooting genre since its introduction in 1998. At that time, many shooter games only have forgettable plots since it is assumed that everyone is only concerned about shooting and moving into another next level. However, Metal Gear series is so different as it is unlike anything that you see in a shooter game as it simply possesses intricate storyline that proves to be gripping. Not only that, it also pioneers the novel stealth element that is lacking in the action game genre at that time. With such emphasis on stealth in the game, the Metal Gear series really forces players to rethink their approaches in completing their mission through the way they play.
- Thanks to its creator, Hideo Kojima, the Metal Gear series is truly phenomenal as its setting and gaming environment will definitely draw you in for more. Aside from learning and adapting stealthy skills and tricks, you will also wrestle with the motivations of other characters in the game. They do make you think even if it does not affect your gameplay.
- Why You Should Get This Game : If you enjoy being a solo operative that can focus on being stealthy instead of shooting your way out, the Metal Gear series proves to be a rewarding gaming experience.
- Dance Dance Revolution Series
- Even if you are not into gaming, you definitely have heard about this game and your crazy friends that keep dancing with this game. The Dance Dance Revolution series is so influential that it even finds its way as a fun tool to get children to be more physically active. No matter how old you are, the Dance Dance Revolution series is going to fire you up for non-stop dancing marathon with your friends and family.
- Why You Should Get This Game : It can be summarized in this phrase, "Dan... Dance... Wow Fantastic Baby Boomshakalaka... ". Once the beat drops, you just want to dance forever even without anyone watching.
- BeatMania Series
- Although it looks so simple in the first glance, the BeatMania series represents one of the best games in the rhythm genre. In fact, BeatMania is so influential that it popularizes the whole rhythm genre by itself. Before the super popular Dance Dance Revolution series, there was BeatMania series that laid the groundwork which propels rhythm genre to greater popularity among the wider audience.
- Why You Should Get This Game : Just hit the beats at the right time and immerse yourself in this maniacally high-energy setting that just keeps your heart to be pumping constantly!
- Contra Series
- Despite its origin as an arcade game, the Contra series is not just your regular run-and-gun kind of game as it provides real challenges that make this game to be almost unbeatable. Historically, Contra is one of the first games that feature multiplayer cooperative play since two of you can work together in completing level after level. This truly classic game proves to be very addictive once you start to play it.
- Why You Should Get This Game : You will be sorely mistaken if you assume this game is being repetitive as Contra has been known for crushing your ego that leaves you burning with vengeance to beat the game. Beat this game for your bucket list!
- Castlevania Series
- Constantly being featured as one of the best games of all times, the Castlevania series enjoys its popularity as one of the must-have games to be played. In this dark fantasy themed action-adventure action game, the Castlevania series offers innovative combat mechanics that prove to be refreshing for those that are sick of poke-dodge-poke-dodge gaming style.
- Why You Should Get This Game : For those that enjoy dark fantasy themes, Castlevania is really suitable for you. Even if you are not, the fact that it has been nominated as one of the best games of all time means that everyone enjoys this game fully.
- Pro Evolution Soccer Series
- While there is loads of sports games around, Pro Evolution Soccer series is able to stand out from the rest as it incorporates incredible realism that influences the way you play your game. In addition, it is one of the gaming franchises that is constantly being improved so that it can be more fluid and solid at the same time.
- Why You Should Get This Game : If you are a true football fan, you will be amazed to discover that this football game is probably the closest one to the reality right now.
As it is all about fun and games, Konami champions the cause of making games that are truly entertaining. When you look at its long list of awesome games, it is certain that Konami offers tons of games If you are looking for the latest Konami products, you should take a look at Konami gaming products.