Louis Vuitton bags are some of the most luxurious fashion items a person can have. From luxury brand connoisseur to casual fashion enthusiast it’s iconic monogram is known all over the globe. Considering the wide range of Louis Vuitton bags prices, people from all kinds of background can enjoy the high-quality handbags that this French brand produces. Below, you can read on how to spot an original LV bag and how to maintain them.
Top Louis Vuitton Bags Philippines Price List 2019
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Louis Vuitton Brown Shoulder Bag||₱ 41,768.78||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Logo Speedy Bag||₱ 23,312.81||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Monogram Vernis Alma Mm Bag||₱ 35,746.31||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Damier Box Shoulder Bag||₱ 31,083.75||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Ebene Damier Canvas Cd Case Strap||₱ 21,564.35||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Ebene Damier Canvas Cd Case Strap||₱ 15,930.42||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Lv Damier Canvas Trevi Pm Bag||₱ 54,396.56||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma Pm||₱ 19,427.34||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Monogram Tote Bag||₱ 35,940.58||Style Tribute|
|Louis Vuitton Siracusa Pm Bag||₱ 33,026.48||Style Tribute|
You may also like
What are the most popular LV bag in the Philippines?
- LV Neverfull
- Petite malle
Different Louis Vuitton Bag Sizes
If you ever wonder what the initials in a Louis Vuitton bag are for (e.g. Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM), then read on. The first thing you must know before getting yourself a Louis Vuitton bag is that they come in various sizes and they don’t use normal size labels cause that’s basic. The initials next to the Louis Vuitton bag name indicates the sizes and it comes in 4 different types: BB, PM, MM, and GM.
- BB - The meaning is still not confirmed by Louis Vuitton but fans of the brand think it may mean Bebe Bandouliere or baby shoulder. BB Louis Vuitton bags are often smaller than the PM, MM, and GM, and they always come with an accompanying shoulder strap.
- PM - Petite Model is the smallest out of all the Louis Vuitton bag sizes. Despite its size label, though, PM Louis Vuitton bags can easily fit a large Louis Vuitton wallet, phone, sunglasses, keys, and more.
- MM - The Moyen Modele is suitable for people on-the-go as the bag can fit more necessities.
- GM - The Grand Modele can pass a light travel bag and are able to hold a few pieces of clothes because of the capacity.
What are Louis Vuitton bags made of?
Most LV bags are made with two main types of fabric: canvas and leather. Below are the different types of Louis Vuitton canvas and leather.
LV Canvas Bags
Introduced in 1896, the monogram canvas was initially created to hinder counterfeiters and to make Louis Vuitton as a brand more recognizable to the public.
Damier Ebene Canvas (Checkered Ebony Canvas)
One of the first canvases created by Louis Vuitton himself. It comprises of light and dark brown squares along with “Louis Vuitton Paris” embedded on the pattern.
Damier Azur Canvas
The lighter version of the Damier Ebene was released in 2006 and it features blue and white squares.
LV collaborated with Takashi Murakami in 2003 to release this colorful remake of the original monogram canvas. It features 33 different colors.
LV Leather Bags
The first leather line from Louis Vuitton, the Epi was released in 1985. It’s highly durable and can withstand any weather condition.
Monogram Vernis Leather
The Vernis, meaning varnish, is a coated leather that was introduced in 1997. It features embossed LV monograms and is available in various colors.
Monogram Empreinte Leather
The Empreinte was released in 2012 and it’s made of calf leather that has been dyed and drummed several times.
Named after the Hawaiian lunar deity, this LV bag leather material features perforated LV monogram.
Louis Vuitton bags are also available in exotic leather such ascrocodilien mat (matte crocodile leather), crocodilien brillant (glossy crocodile leather), autruche (ostrich), and python.
How much do Louis Vuitton bags cost?
Louis Vuitton bag price in the Philippines varies, depending on their size, type, and material. It also depends on where you purchase your Louis Vuitton bags. For instance, purchasing an LV bag from France can be generally cheaper compared to buying it elsewhere.
One of the cheapest Louis Vuitton bags is the Pochette Accesoires. Retailing at PHP 28,000, this small LV sling bag can snuggly fit a Louis Vuitton wallet. However, if you need something bigger, prepare to spend at least PHP 10,000.
How to Know If It’s the Real Deal
It has been proven that Louis Vuitton bags are the easiest branded item to replicate and that’s why you can find Louis Vuitton bags in wholesale markets and resellers. There’s nothing wrong if you decide to buy yourself a Louis Vuitton bag replica, but if you’re seeking for the real deal, there are ways to make sure what you bought is an authentic Louis Vuitton bag.
- First, check the stamping of the LV monogram. It should be symmetrical, thin, clear, and crisp.
- Then, take a look at the stitching. Louis Vuitton uses special techniques to create their durable stitching and the threads will never unravel and remain even throughout.
- Finally, look at the date codes on the Louis Vuitton bags. Different date codes signify where your bag was manufactured (France, Italy, Spain, United States, Switzerland, or Germany). If the date code is different or signifies other countries, your Louis Vuitton bag is likely to be a counterfeit.
How to Maintain Your Louis Vuitton Bag
Caring for your luxury Louis Vuitton bags is not as hard as you think. Make sure when storing the bag that you keep it in the dust cover provided for you in a clean and dry environment. Avoid getting perfumes or other chemicals onto the bag as it can wash off the color and embellishments. Also, consider taking the bag for a regular maintenance work at the Louis Vuitton boutique once or twice per year.