You are only on this page because you know how great Louis Vuitton bags are. Their bags are the definition of luxury, class and elegant. Need more convincing? Read on more to find out.
- Price (ascending)
- Price (descending)
Unless you have been living under the rock, you know what Louis Vuitton is. Even if you don’t know fashion, you know how classy and elegant a bag from Louis Vuitton can be. It is easily spotted everywhere as everyone wants a piece of this amazing monogram. Want one of those famous LV bags? With this simple Louis Vuitton Bag Buying Guide, you never have to worry about purchasing the wrong type of bag or worse, a fake one.
- Louis Vuitton, how it all started
- The Ultimate Louis Vuitton Bag Guide
- The best of Louis Vuitton Bags
Founded by Louis Vuitton back in 1857, this famous fashion house started out as a luggage expert. But it was only in 1986 when everything changed for this company, when the next in line, George Vuitton created the iconic Monogram Canvas which caused a huge frenzy in the fashion industry and all around the world. Everyone started noticing Louis Vuitton not because of their luggage, but their take in creating the most beautiful, one of a kind bag that had the luxury vibe painted all over it.
Today, having been making arm candies for over 150 years, Louis Vuitton bags are known for their flawless craftsmanship and a special kind of beauty that can never be found in any other brands.
One thing that can never run away from luxury brands are the counterfeit products that looks exactly the same. And with this famous monogram being on almost everyone’s arm, figuring out which one is fake and which is not can be hard. Not to mention the heart-breaking moment that you will surely face when you realise (a little too late) that the Louis Vuitton bag you purchase was MADE IN CHINA.
Let’s all pray to the God of beautiful, luxurious bags that this will never happen to anyone. Meanwhile, here are some of the main things you should look out for when purchasing an LV bag.
Louis Vuitton Stamping
The main Louis Vuitton Stamping is the most important criteria to look out for as it can easily allow you to determine if the bag is fake.
- The tail of the letter L is very short.
- The letter O is extremely round and looks bigger than the L.
- The letters T looks like they are almost touching each other.
- The lettering on the stamp should be thin, clear and very crisp.
Louis Vuitton Monogram
Knowing the Monogram placement can literally rat out the fake ones. The actual monogram is usually symmetrical from side to side in all the different styles – traditional, Multicolore, Cerises, Mini mono, Vernis etc.
Louis Vuitton Stitching
Louis Vuitton is a brand that pays extra attention to their stitching. A real LV bag would have even and regular stitches. Some would even have the same number of stitches in similar locations on similar design of bags.
Louis Vuitton Datecodes
Datecode on your LV bags can provide the date and place the bag was manufactured. This can be used as another checkpoint for authentication. These codes will be embossed on a piece of leather on the inside of the bag or on the side near the seam inside the bag.
Countries and their Datecodes:
Made in France- A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS, AH, AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DR, DU, CO, CT, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RI, SD, SF, SL, SN, SP, SR, TJ, TH, TR, TS, VI, VX
Made in Italy- BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, RC, RE, SA, TD
Made in Spain- CA, GI, LO, LB, LM, LW
Made in U.S.A.- FC, FH, FL, LA, OS, SD
Made in Switzerland- DI, FA
Made in Germany- LP
Out of the many beautiful bags that were ever created by LV, these vintage, iconic piece have stood against the test of time and popularity while maintaining their class and elegance.
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull
- Though it was introduced in 2007, this bag became one of LV’s best-seller. It is coveted by many thanks to its great functionality, craftsmanship and beauty.
- Louis Vuitton Speedy
- In the crazy world of high-end luxury bags, this Speedy bag is considered affordable, as it is targeted mainly for the younger, teenage fashionista.
- Louis Vuitton Capucines
- Getting its name from the street where LV opened their very first store- Rue des Capucines, this bag, created in 2013 was for those who are not a fan of the crazy monogram pattern. With its structured silhouette and the metallic monogram clasp, the bag is very chic, understated and very grown-up.
Now that you know everything you need to know about a Louis Vuitton bag including how to spot a fake, it’s time to get one from iprice Philippines.