Whether you are a professional makeup artist or a total newbie to the world of cosmetics, the most basic tool that you will need is definitely a concealer. It is like a magic wand to your skin, read here to understand more about the power of concealer.
“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
Makeup is truly the most effective confidence booster for every lady. And a makeup kit is never complete without a concealer. Having the right concealer does not only cover your imperfections but also helps to beautify your makeup look.
- Concealer 101 – The beginner tips for applying concealer
- Choose the ideal concealer that does magic to your face
- You have to master the use of both Foundation and Concealer when putting on makeup. While foundation acts as a base to your makeup, it is certainly not complete without a touch of concealer in an effort to build a flawless skin tone. The order of the steps depends on which type of foundation that you choose.
- Liquid foundation first then concealer.
- Concealer first then powder foundation.
- Peach shaded concealer is applied for the blue shadow under your eyes.
- Orange shaded concealer is applied for evening makeup to highlight your face.
Just like any other cosmetics, there are plenty of different concealers that serve different makeup needs. Knowing what works best for you is just as important as learning how to apply it on your face. Here is a brief guide to the most commonly used concealers.
- High coverage concealer
- Cream concealer: best for matte look as well as covering pimples
- Body Stick: a simple and easier way to cover tattoos, birthmarks and scars.
- Stick concealer: similar effect to cream concealer and more versatile to carry in your bag.
- Medium coverage concealer
- Pencil concealer: you can use it to create contours and highlights. The trick is: 2 shades darker for contouring and 2 shades brighter for highlighting.
- Liquid concealer: easy to use and blend to ensure even skin tone, especially suitable for beginners.
- Light coverage concealer
- Pen concealer with metal tip: best used for dark circles and the metal tip helps to avoid puffiness.
- Pen concealer with brush tip: it is versatile for fast concealing with a built in brush.
If you are looking for a new concealer bestie, here are some brands that have always been the talk of the town for you to consider:
Don’t hesitate when it comes to investing in the right makeup kit. It has the power to uplift your confidence in a magical way. Up your makeup game with more dazzling colours, start with concealer on iprice Philippines!