- Maybelline Philippines – The empire of timeless beauty
- Maybelline Philippines – The ultimate solution for an effortless beauty
- Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline
- Facts that we all need to know about Maybelline
The founder of the brand, Tom Lyle Williams was inspired to help women in enhancing their natural beauty by his dearest sister Maybel Williams. Maybel once experimented using petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to give more alluring look to her eye lashes and brows to accentuate the eyes. Tom Lyle was certain that adding carbon dust to the mixture will further enhance the lashes by darkening it and the result was better than their expectation! He started to develop the product in his newly established Maybelline Laboratories in 1915. Yes, you guessed it right, the name Maybelline is a combination of Maybel and Vaseline.
2 years after his constant research in beauty aid, he finally introduced the era’s new eye cosmetic called Maybelline Cake Mascara. The product soon became a huge hit in his hometown although it was only available for ordering via mail. Back then, his cosmetic line was the trendsetter of women’s dramatic makeup look as he launched other tools such as red eyebrow pencil, coloured eye shadow and eyeliners.
With a passion for beauty and a long history of the journey to beauty, Maybelline Makeup has become every woman’s best friend with a wide range of high quality cosmetic.
The basic step for a flawless makeup look is applying BB Cream. Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream is therefore an essential wherever you go. It immediately covers the skin’s imperfection, moisturizes and balances out your skin tone. Or opt for its Dream Liquid Mousse foundation which will work wonders to your skin, giving it a spotless appearance.
Once your skin is well protected with a thin and seamless layer of foundation, blush the cheeks naturally with Maybelline Blush’em – its glowy pink microfine powder will blend impeccably and give you the most picture perfect smile.
Maybelline Mascara does it best when it comes to enhancing the beauty of your eyes. The best-selling Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is among the most renowned creation of the Maybelline Lab. This legendary mascara of the '70s has never been out of style with its clump-free formula and conditioning lashes for a natural lashes extension effect.
For an enchanting and mysterious look, the only thing you’d need is Maybelline Eye Shadow. Get the trending Nudes Eye Shadow Palette with 12 shades for every makeup style. A simple act of blending can create the dreamy smoky eyes effortlessly. Or you can even play around with more colourful shades Eyestudio Color Tattoo Metallic eye shadow for that youthful funky look that is seen on every fashion magazine. Finish up with Maybelline Eye Liner to render a perfect winged line.
A woman cannot leave her house without a lipstick. For that reason, always prepare one companion in your bag to keep your lips looking full and lustrous 24/7. Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm does just that! This best-selling product is practically seen everywhere. Besides, a lipstick tube is also a must to complete your glamorous makeup face. Try Maybelline Color Sensational bold matte for a modern and bold look.
All women are born with her unique attractiveness inside out and Maybelline’s mission is to enhance it. As a result, the brand has inspired many young girls to be whoever she wants to be with an utmost confidence in herself. Makeup is an art and it certainly does not hinder the natural beauty of a woman, it’s the tool that she uses to express her creative mind, a way to ace the business world with admirable skill and spirit combined. For all that reasons, to become the face of Maybelline is indeed a dream of countless ladies.
There have been many style icons who endorsed the makeup power of Maybelline, such as Christy Turlington, Adriana Lima, Jourdan Dunn, Athiya Shetty and the latest fashion queen Gigi Hadid.
- Maybelline is actually a brand of the Cosmetic and Beauty giant L’Oreal. It was first acquired by Plough,Inc. after a deal of hundred million dollars in 1967 and later on sold to L’Oreal in 1996, giving the company massive consumer base in the cosmetic industry.
- It doesn’t matter if the brand is under L’Oreal, Maybelline’s market share takes up to 7.4% of the world.
- Even Wonder Woman trusts the power of Maybelline’s makeup products! The brand launched its iconic cosmetic theme of this Hollywood’s super heroin with the MAC Wonder Woman collection and also got the actual actress Lynda Carter on board as beauty fashion icon.
- The Founder’s grand niece Sharrie Williams published the special behind the scene story book called “The Maybelline Story – and the Spirited Family Dynasty Behind It”. Maybelline is more than just a consumer brand, it is a family’s heritage through the tales of author Sharrie. Get your own copy to discover the untold stories of the 4 generations of the Williams and their world’s leading cosmetic brand Maybelline.