Oakley Philippines - Quality and Durability at its finest
- Enhancing the way we see
- Famous frames and celebrity sightings
- How to pick the right Oakley sunglasses
- Shop online for the best deals on Oakley sunglasses in Philippines
When you talk about eyewear and sunglasses, only one thing comes to mind: Oakley. Oakley is one of the most renowned brands in the market for sunglasses, exquisite eye pieces, and accessories for both men and women. Complement your style with the best eye wear in the market. Combining functionality, cutting edge technology and simple designs, Oakley gives its customers the best. Protecting your eyes had never been this stylish!
Enhancing the way we see
When it comes to sunglasses, there is no brand at par with those produced by Oakley, Inc. This sports and lifestyle brand fuses art and science to build on its legacy of innovative optical technology that has made it a market leader. It all started in 1975, with Jim Jannard wanted to change the world. He was not pleased with the sub-par quality of motorcycle handgrips so he set up Oakley with only $300 to his name. What’s interesting and heart-warming to note is that the brand’s name was inspired by Jannard’s English Setter dog (something most of us would probably do).
Jim Jannard went on to invent a material named Unobtainium which he used to construct “The Oakley Grip”. This material increased one’s grip with perspiration which is a sure-fire hit in the motocross community. In the 80s, the founder started making motocross goggles named Oakley O-Frame. For 18 years since it first came out, no other goggles could compete with it. The O-Frames became a favourite for Mark Barnett, Johnny O’Mara, Jeff Ward and Ricky Johnson; all of whom are motocross legends.
In 1983, Jannard took the O-Frame and adapted it for mountain use. The O-Frame ski goggles did just as well as the motocross and sunglasses followed suit soon thereafter. The first sunglasses the brand produced were the Oakley Factory Pilot Eyeshades, which were praised for its lightweight frame and superior optical performance. The famous Oakley Frogskins came next with a more casual design. During the 1990s, the brand constructed the Eye Jacket, the first sunglasses designed virtually using CAD/CAM; an abbreviation that stands for computer-aided designs or computer-aided manufacturing.
Over the years, Oakley has continuously created products that appeal to hundreds of professional and amateur athletes. The brand is also known in Philippines for their use of Iridium lenses. Oakley’s current portfolio consists of Oakley sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, apparel, footwear, goggles and various accessories such as the Jawbone.
Oakley was created for world-class athletes and risk takers who constantly challenge limitations. This inspired the people behind Oakley to go beyond the conventional industry standards. Oakley makes it a point to identify problems, create solutions and wrap their inventions in art. This resulted in decades of innovation and over 600 patents that has ‘turned physics into an art form’. Oakley is a sport and lifestyle brand cultivated to provide the very best for eyewear enthusiasts such as yourself.
Famous frames and celebrity sightings
Thanks to the Internet you can even do research to find your perfect pair of Oakley sunglasses online. Under the brand’s optic range are Eye Safety Systems, Fox Racing, Mosley Tribes, Oakley, Oliver Peoples and Paul Smith Spectacles. What’s great is that the brand and its iconic designs are embraced the world over even by professional athletes and famous on-screen stars.
Sporting stars such as Shaun White, Valentino Rossi, Fernando Alonso, Gretchen Bleiler, Bradley Wiggins, Rory McIlroy and Oscar Pistorius are all on the brand’s athlete list. Celebrities like Kanye West, Kirsten Dunst, Vanessa Hudgens, Nicole Richie, Jesus Luz and the like have even got in on the action and have been spotted wearing Oakley Frogskins and Oakley Flak Jacket among other designs. After all, investing in a pair of solid Oakley’s is a testament to your personal sense of style.
The Oakley eyewear not only is a popular brand, it had also become a status symbol to some. Don't be left out on the latest and hottest designs on the market! Get yourself a pair from our online store and browse through many deals on Oakley products!
How to pick the right Oakley Sunglasses
There are more to sunglasses than you think! In the tropical countries like in Philippines, having sunglasses in your bag is a must-have. To help you pick on what type of sunglasses to buy, here are few things that you should know:
- UV Protection. Aside from being an accessory and complementing your look, sunglasses do have a purposes and that is to protect your eyes from harmful UV or ultraviolet rays from the sun. If you are planning to buy Oakley sunglasses online, make sure that it has UV protection!
- Size of frames. While most of you browse your eye pieces by design, you should also deeply consider the size of your frames. Ideally, the smaller the face, the smaller the frame. However, with the popularity of "bumblebee shades" (looking at Paris Hilton), there are over-sized stunner shades for smaller faces. There are three dimensions that you should consider when choosing your frame size: (1) eye size, (2) temple size, and (3) bridge size.
- Frame material. The materials used on frames would crucially affect the eyewear's performance, price range, styles and it comes with its own pros and cons. There are four main materials used in frames: metal, nylon, polycarbonate, titanium, acetat, and plastic.
- Lens. Like in choosing a material for frames, lenses are also made with different materials, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. In most cases, lenses are made of the following materials: acrylic, polycarbonate, optical glass and NXT polyurethane.
- Tints and coatings. A misconception of buying sunglasses is that the darker the tint, the higher the UV protection. While this is not the case, the tint does have an affect on a wearers preferences, comfort and light sensitivity. Another person's eyes may not be as light sensitive as yours and each of us have our own preferences in color and tints.
On top of that, lens technology is also crucial and should play a major role on how you pick your sunglasses. There are features like polarized lenses for reflective glare, photochromic lenses for automatic adjustments to light intensities, gradient lenses and double gradient lenses. Depending on your purpose for buying new sunglasses, you should always look at its features before purchasing.
Shop online for the best deals on Oakley sunglasses in Philippines!
Whether you’re looking at a bustling city view, enjoying a sunset or out and about in the great outdoors, your eyes need proper protection. That being said, there are plenty of eyewear options, shoes and more available online from Oakley. When it comes to picking a style that suits your face shape, you don’t have to choose between style and quality. Get the best of both worlds with Oakley’s selection which includes the Oakley Juliet, Oakley Ducati Sunglasses and the Oakley Thump.
There are plenty of designs available online in one place complete with the best prices. iprice is poised to take your online shopping experience to the next level with its free coupon codes and discounted product listings from popular online shopping websites in the country. Save yourself the strain and close those multiple website tabs you have open. This is the only place you need to be at to feast your eyes on Oakley.