As the benchmark of excellence, Rolex Philippines only provide the best timepieces the world can offer. Its Swiss craftsmanship is unrivaled and Rolex watches have become the symbol of elegance and opulence. The price of a Rolex watch may not be within everyone’s budget, but they are surely worth investing in. Especially the brand most popular series, Rolex Submariner and Oyster Perpetual, that will definitely elevate your style, status, and swagger.
Recommended for You
Top Rolex Price List 2019
Everything You Need to Know About Rolex Philippines
History of Rolex Philippines
In 1905, brother-in-laws Alfred Davis and Hans Wilsdorf founded Wilsdorf and Davis in London, England. It wasn’t until 1915 that the company would be registered as Rolex SA because Wilsdorf wanted an easier brand name that everybody can pronounce. Aside from that, the word “Rolex” is an onomatopoeia of the sound of a watch being wound.
Since then, Rolex has invented many firsts such as the first waterproof wristwatch in 1926, the first watch with an automatically-changing date in 1945, the first watchmaking company to earn chronometer certification, and many more.
Popular Rolex Watch Series in the Philippines
Rolex watches are divided into three main product lines: Oyster Perpetual, Cellini, and Professional. Among them, there are several notable Rolex watches for men and women. The most popular Rolex watches for men and women are:
- Rolex Datejust
- Rolex Sea Dweller
- Rolex Daytona
- Rolex Submariner
- Rolex GMT Master
- Rolex Day-Date
- Rolex Milgauss
- Rolex Oysterquartz
- Rolex Yacht-Master
- Rolex Explorer
Most Expensive Rolex price
- Paul Newman’s Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - US$17.8 million
- Bao Dai Rolex - US$5 million
- 1942 Rolex Antimagnetique - US$2.5 million
- Eric Clapton’s Rolex “Oyster Albino” Cosmograph Daytona - US$505,000
- Rolex GMT Master II Ice - US$485,350
How to spot a fake Rolex watch
Considering that Rolex PH is one of the most luxurious watchmakers in the world, there are many out there who try to mimic and emulate their elegance. While fake Rolex watches are substantially more affordable than the real ones, the quality and integrity of the timepieces would also be substantially less.
Here’s how you can spot fake Rolex watches in just 5 easy steps.
- Check serial & model numbers. The serial numbers on a real Rolex watch are engraved deep and marked in fine lines, similar to a diamond cut edge. Fake Rolex has faint, shallow serial numbers.
- See the case back. Rolex does not offer clear case backs (the part that meets the skin) for their watches. Also, take note that a real Rolex watch would not have engravings on its case back.
- Pay attention to the movement. Most watches from Rolex use the mechanical movement and if you open the watch, you will see “Rolex” engraved on it. If your watch has a quartz movement, it’s definitely a replica watch.
- Look at the “cyclops”. Cyclops is the special magnifying glass above the date indicator on a Rolex watch. Since cyclops are difficult to replicate, a fake Rolex would just use a normal glass.
- Feel the weight. The easiest and quickest way to determine if your Rolex watch is real is by weighing it. You don’t even need a scale; a genuine Rolex watch will significantly feel heavier.
How to take care of a Rolex watch
Rolex Philippines wants all their watches to last a lifetime. They recommend paying special attention to your Rolex watch especially if you wear them every day. Here’s what you can do:
- Screw the crown tightly to ensure waterproofness after resetting time, changing date, or manually winding your watch.
- Clean your watch with a cloth and rinse the case & bracelet with soapy water and a soft brush.
- Service your Rolex once in a while in many of the brand’s official retailers throughout the globe.
- Keep the original condition of your Rolex watch. Any modification or substitution not made by Rolex will cancel your 5-year guarantee.
How Rolex Philippines service your watch
- Disassembly. The watch case is carefully detached from the bracelet before opening it to have the movement removed.
- Cleaning. The movement is then furthered dismantled and ultrasonically cleaned with specially formulated solutions.
- Replacing. Each component is closely examined and an expert watchmaker identifies which one needs replacement.
- Lubrication. Each component is then lubricated to prevent wear and extra friction. This process will guarantee that your Rolex will always function accurately.
- Calibrations. To make sure your watch is accurate, the watchmaker electronically tests and adjusts the balance wheel to calibrate the movement.
- Refinishing. The case and bracelet are cleaned and examined for any damages. It’s then fixed (if necessary) and ultrasonically cleaned to restore its luster.
- Reassembly. The case is reassembled with the seals replaced to ensure its waterproofness.
- Testing. The watch goes through a three-step waterproof test: a vacuum test, a compression test, and a condensation test.
- Quality Control. Final quality checks will examine the power reserve, timing accuracy, and aesthetic appearance.
- Guarantee. After your Rolex watch is serviced, you will automatically receive a two-year service guarantee.