Sneakers, a synonym for athletic shoes is a soft shoe with a rubber sole worn for sports or casual occasions. The word “sneaker” was created by Henry Nelson McKinney, an advertising
Sneakers for Men
Those dress shoes making you look too formal during the week? Dress down with the right pair of sneakers for men. Soft canvas soles that wrap around your heels give you the comfort no dress shoe could match. Get the Swag look that gives you a younger feel to your image. Perfect to be worn with shorts, jeans or khaki pants, sneakers come in all shapes and sizes.
Sneakers for women
Care about the future of your feet? If you love shoes and you love comfort, swap your sky high stilettos to a pair of sneakers. There is nothing more comfortable than a brand new pair of sneakers and is proven to be one of the most popular types of shoes in the world. Taking casual look to a whole new level, sneakers is the ultimate choice of footwear when it comes to comfort, functionality and without forgetting style. Look out for the most comfortable sneakers for women.
Some Fun Facts about Sneakers
If you think you know everything about sneakers, now is the time to think again. Here are 5 fun facts about sneakers that might have just slipped through your memories
- When it comes to sneakers, no other brand can do it like Nike. Dominating the sneakers market, Nike’s sale shot up to the sky when Michael Jordan signed a contract with Nike to wear Air Jordan, the most famous shoes ever made in the century. Even after retiring from the NBA, the Air Jordan continues to gain popularity up to today.
- Never did it ever occur to an Indiana hoops star named Charles H or also known as Chuck Taylor that he would one day be known worldwide thanks to his endorsement with Converse. First marketed in 1917, the Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars are the best-selling sneakers with sales nearing a billion pair.
- In the prisons in New York, Nike Air of similar sneakers
areforbidden to be worn by prisoners because razors, drugs or any other small weapon can be stored in the hollowed-out sole of the air bubble. But amazingly, prisoners can wear the Converse Weapons for they can’t be used to store any weapon in any way.
- Before customization was a mainstream trend, Vans already started offering their customers custom sneakers way back in March 1966. The founder, Paul Van Doren believed in selling shoes directly to their customers and allowed them to bring their favorite fabric to the factory to make them into shoes.
- Any individual whose life revolves around sneakers knows and owns everything sneakers are known as “sneakerheads”. They are sneaker obsessed people who run owns limited edition kicks, buying and selling at prices in thousands and all with their own hard-earned money.
Now that you know more about sneakers, why not get a pair? Check out the selection above and experience the trend for yourself.