Stila is that one brand that has been in the beauty industry since forever, turning even that simplest look into a statement as authentic as your signature. And by forever, we mean ever since 1994, when some of us beauty-holics were still young, dumb and innocent teenagers. When you were walking through the mall with your friends, wandering to a beauty corner full of gleaming lights and a rainbow smorgasbord of makeup products that you surely don’t even know what it is for. But, when you picked up that Stila lipstick, you knew that was the right choice, and up to this very day, you can’t seem to find anything better than that. That is Stila, the brand that stood through the test of time, proving that they are the ultimate best!
- Stila – Balanced, harmonious, beautiful cosmetics
- Stila – 5 facts you never knew about Stila
- Stila – Propelling the beauty industry forward with their iconic products
For over twenty years, Stila has created innovative, artistry-proven products that perform from morning to moonlight, drawing inspiration from the runway and translating it into real life.
At the heart of their brand, Stila believe that the right makeup can turn even the simplest look into a statement as authentic as your signature. They are spirited, passionate and approachable and they are committed to inspiring every woman to celebrate her authenticity, beginning with her makeup.
Stila is all about creativity. When they started, it wasn’t about dong chunky sparkle, it was about the shimmer and shine. They were the very first to do the twisty lip glosses. And also the cream blush compacts or the packaging that was like little books that opened. Every lipstick colour has its own formula. It would be the perfect formula for that colour. People freaked out over their range eyeshadows. That was because before if you, say, created a plum shimmery eyeshadow, they would use plum matte colour and blend in plum sparkle. That was how amazing Stila was and is till this very day.
- The name Stila is derived from the Italian word "stilare," which means "to pen."
According to the company, the name was chosen because "every woman's makeup should be as individual as her own signature." However according to the founder of Stila Jeanine Lobell, the name kind of just came out of nowhere. "We kind of just made up the name Stila. It sounds sort of like stil in Swedish, which means 'style,” says Lobell.
- Lobell created the iconic Stila silver paper packaging to make the lipsticks look vintage. Although Stila lipsticks are no longer sold in the shiny silver packaging (insert sad-face emoji),when Lobell was making her first small batches of lipsticks, she didn't want to use the standard plastic lipstick tubes because she thought they were ugly. "I thought, 'What about paper?'" said Lobell. "In the old days, the lipstick tubes used to be paper. The blush came in paper. So I was like, 'Why can't I just do that?'" So she found a man in Ohio who made cardboard mailing tubes and had him shrink them down to make lipstick holders for her product. "It was black at first, because black was the cool thing to do back then," said Lobell.
- The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner is the most-pinned eyeliner of all time.
In fact, the social-media love doesn't end there; this cult liner is everyone’s favourite liner. "I wore this stuff through a ten-hour shift. In a busy restaurant. In front of an oven. Water, sweat, heat...didn't budge. At all," writes one user.
- The Stila Lip Glaze was originally created for Cameron Diaz on the set of Charlie's Angels. Yup, the iconic clickable gloss was made just for Diaz's angel, Natalie Cook. Diaz even helped name the first three shades: raspberry, grape, and strawberry.
- According to Lobell, Stila was the first to make cream blush and lip compacts. We kind of also invented a lot of things, like the Lip Glazes. We were the first to do cream blush in those fun little compacts for lip and cheek," Lobell said in one of her interview. And according to Stila, the company's global executive director of education and makeup artistry, Sarah Lucero, has worn the Convertible Color Lip & Cheek Cream every day of her life for the past 15 years. That's some serious dedication and love for a product.
Here are the top 3 products that we love from Stila.
- Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Their #1 selling waterproof liquid liner enables you to create a variety of eye-opening effects – from thin, precise lines to think, dramatic looks. The formula glides on with ease, dries quickly and won’t smudge or run day-into-night. The fine marker-like tip offers precise application for everyone from novices to pros and results in beautifully defined eyes that will leave a lasting impression.
- One Step Correct Primer – Swirl your way to perfect skin in one step! This innovative, triple-swirled helix serum instantly primes, colour-corrects, brightens and nourishes skin for a flawless face with no fuss. The revolutionary product contains 3 colour-correcting pigments to even out complexion – green tone instantly neutralizes redness and conceals blemishes; lavender tone counteracts sallow undertones for a vibrant, energized look; peach tone brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of the sun spots.
- Convertible Colour – their ingenious two-in-one lipstick and blush is loaded with creamy, translucent colour, for simply irresistible lips and cheeks on the double. This make-up bag must have features a fresh burst of radiant colour that blends beautifully to create a gorgeous glow. Just tap onto cheeks and press onto lips for a fast makeup fix anytime.
Now, get your Stila cosmetics here exclusively on iprice.