What’s Vitamin E?
To put it simply, vitamin E is a natural fatty antioxidant that can be found in most foods. vitamin E helps protect the cells membranes from radical damage and prevents oxidation of cholesterol. When LDL cholesterol oxidizes, it can lead to extensive tissue damage and attack important arteries, blocking regular blood flow.
Vitamin E benefits range from affecting your appearance to improving your overall well-being. One needs regular vitamin E intake in their diet to aid in the maintenance of cardiac, skeletal and muscle systems of one’s body. It also helps strengthen the immune system, assist in the production of red blood cells, maintain the supply of vitamin A, K, and iron, and relieve symptoms of Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
How Do I Know I have Vitamin E Deficiency?
Vitamin E deficiency can be determined by paying attention to the symptoms that would ultimately entail. If you feel there is an increase in greasy stools, chronic diarrhea, and unable to secrete bile, then it is likely that you have some sort of vitamin E deficiency. People with dietary conditions and the inability to absorb fats are prone to vitamin E deficiency.
The recommended vitamin E intake for adults older than 14-years old is 15mg or 22.4 IU. For children, contact your respective pediatricians to get their dosage recommendations. Digesting too much vitamin E can be risky, too. Although the side effects are not as dangerous, too much vitamin E can possibly interfere with the body’s ability to clot blood.
What Are Vitamin E Supplements?
This kind of supplement is usually made with vitamin E oil that is then encapsulated. For those with vitamin E deficiency, it’s best to look to vitamin E oil capsule supplements to help the body eliminate toxins. There are 5 main benefits of taking vitamin E supplements on the daily.
- Balances Cholesterol – Vitamin E contains tocotrienol isomers that can improve cardiovascular health by reducing the enzyme that controls cholesterol production.
- Fight Free Radicals – The antioxidant properties of vitamin E can reduce free radical damage, slow aging process, and fight inflammation.
- Thickens Hair – The antioxidant in vitamin E can improve the blood circulation around the scalp. It retains the natural moisture so your hair will appear healthier and shinier.
- Balances Hormones – Vitamin E balances the endocrine and nervous system naturally. Symptoms
likePMS, weight gain, allergies, UTIs, anxiety, and fatigue can easily be cured with vitamin E supplements.
- Repairs Damages Skin – The capillary walls in the skin can be strengthened when you take vitamin E supplements. This can slow down the aging process, improve elasticity, and eliminate symptoms of acne, eczema, and inflammation does to UV radiation.